|Far left = lugs prone to crack|
Drum sites are full of guys lamenting a busted lug on their beloved old 80's Tama.
Looking for replacement lugs?
Well, you've just found 'em.
I'm gonna keep this post short and to the point:
- Do not try lugs with 2" (51mm) spacing for your old Tama snare!!!
- You need 1-15/16 inches (49mm)
- You can get 1 15/16" lugs in Europe from ST Drums
- This baby right here: ST-LUGSNDO80
|My snare with ST Drums lugs, model ST-LUGSNDO80|
This is a 2" lug. It won't work.
You want this. From ST Drums. Model ST-LUGSNDO80.
(Pardon my cats)
- Another option with 1 15/16 "spacing seems to be these fine lugs from the Premier Elite line (follow the link for image and price from Drum Factory Direct in the States)
- A forum member over at Vintage Drum Forum (latzanimal) says he had luck with lugs from Allstar Drum Co in the USA.